Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Reñaca

As I had only one class today, I felt that a trip to Reñaca was in order. This small city is close to Viña, 30 minutes by bus. From the beach, you can get a nice view of both Viña and Valpo. Dani, Jono, Thomas, and myself walked the beaches and coast from Reñaca to Con Con. It was an absolutely beautiful walk, where we encountered more castle buildings, sea lions, and "lived dangerously." (this is my new favorite term, it actually doesn't mean much except that I feel adventurous living in Chile; I am not going to jump off cliffs or stand in the way of a Micro, promise.)

Oh and there were pelícanos compactos! Compact pelicans if you will, which simply means that the pelicans were sleeping and were all tucked into themselves. They are super adorable.

And the rat things we saw the other day... still not sure of the ID on those, but if they really are just giant rats, I want one to guard my house, because no one would mess with them. No one.

No comments:

Post a Comment