Saturday, August 29, 2009

the prodigal wallet

This is another one of those semi-miracle things that seem to happen quite often in Chile. The driver of the unmarked taxi in Santiago returned my wallet to Michael's house, where we were dropped off at the end of our Rapa Nui trip. Several things can be said for this. One, what a nice guy! I am insanely lucky. Two, what luck that the night we were dropped off, Michael insisted that the driver pull up right in front of the door to his apartment. At the time I thought this was not entirely necessary, but as it turns out that is the only reason the driver knew exactly where to go, because of Michael's insistence. I bought a new cédula (Chile ID) in the meantime, but it's worth it because the picture is about 100 times better.

It [the wallet] ran away to Rapa Nui, then ran away from me, but is now found!!

No comments:

Post a Comment