Saturday, August 29, 2009

the name game

For some reason, everyone I encounter greatly enjoys my name. No one has ever done this before, but there has been a boom in the giving of nicknames department. Included are the following: Señorita Grim (Ken: "your name is seriously Ellen Grim? that's awesome!!), just Grim (or GRIM!!!!!!!!, Jacob), Ellen Grim (really, everyone thinks this is hardcore, to use the full name), Grom (Rodrigo; can't remember the reasoning for that one), and Luterana (Australia Thomas). Also Helen is popular among Chileans, because the name Helen is common in Chile, but Ellen is virtually nonexistent (interesting, as the 'h' is not usually pronounced in other words). AThomas thinks the title "Lady of the Lake," from camp this summer, is the greatest title one could possibly have, followed closely by "unicorn." Either way I am kind of like a guardian figure... I will be sure to put this on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment