Tuesday, August 18, 2009

a dream in Spanish

Good news! It finally happened... I had a dream that was completely in Spanish. This is good, it means I am thinking in Spanish quite a lot. I have been waiting for this to happen for a long time actually. In the dream I was traveling with G Thomas and I told him " Vamos a regresar," we are going to return/come back. Not quite sure what else was going on, but there was more Spanish which I cannot remember.

I also find the transitions hard. For instance, when I am speaking in Spanish and then I go to write an email in English and I have to really think about what I am doing and allow my mind to change gears. There is so little English influence that my mind can soak in more Spanish, pick up on more pieces of a conversation, be lost a little less. It's a milestone, but there is so much more to learn. And I love it, the newness, the challenge, the confusion, the humor, all of it.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to know about it, when you start dreaming in another language it's a good sign. I don't know if I dreamt in english someday, but I hope someday it'll happen too :P

    The next step will be when you dreamt in 'chilean'.

    See you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes pretty soon I will dream with 'po' and stop saying the letter 's'

    ReplyDelete