Monday, October 19, 2009

Eat like a Chilean!


I blew my nose today and sand came out. My ears too, I think my hearing is reduced from particles that settled in there. Great.

The miel is gone! I scraped out the last of it today. It's out of season, so it will be hard to come by now. I guess I just have to stay here until it is in season again (March). Oh well.

Today I ate: cereal, yoghurt, and eggs for breakfast, sopaipilla and pebre for a lunch-snack, artichoke along with an avocado-tuna-mayonnaise-lettuce with lemon salad, two breads with marmalade and the last of the miel for once, and am on my second tea. Sound Chilean? AND I ate with my left hand on the table... comfortably, without thinking about it. Because that is what Chileans do. It is a hard habit to develop, but I am finally getting there.

Speaking of Chilean food, check out the market:

that is a mountain of strawberries.

I can't decide if it feels like fall or spring. The weather is both, alternating days. The season is both, depending on the hemisphere of home or here. The feeling is... confused. And the sun set after 8:00 this evening. Everyone in PA wants to inflict bodily harm after hearing that. It is not good for my study habits though; I wander around outside for any excuse not to be confined to a building when there is a whole Chilean world to explore before sunset, when I finally feel obligated to study something.

No comments:

Post a Comment