Tuesday, September 29, 2009

temblores

Temblores; tremors! Not like the movie with the subterranean calzone monster, but earthquakes, small ones. I was sitting at my desk when I felt it, not enough to even be sure that it actually happened. My host mom confirmed it; I has just experienced a 4 on the richter scale, enough to notice but not to damage anything. Further inland, it was a 5, which makes it significantly stronger, as it is a logarithmic scale. It is not common to feel tremors in Cerro Recreo, probably because it is just that, a hill, unless they are fairly strong. Weak tremors that cannot be felt are common in this region though, and throughout much of the country. You can imagine my excitement at the ground moving the slightest it; tremors! We don't have those in PA, well not normally anyway.

I have eaten a kilo of miel in the past month. By myself. A kilo is 2.2 pounds. Of honey, thick unprocessed honey. To give you an idea, a kilo is about the size of a brick and a half, space-wise. Imagine that in my stomach.

I was just informed that micro drivers decorate their micro with christmas lights in December, taking bling to the extreme... I might pee my pants for the exciting micro rides that await me.

2 comments:

  1. ¡Yo también he sentido mis primeros temblores! El primero a las 11 de la mañana cuando justamente me había levantado, poniendo el pie en el suelo, cuando de repente por un segundo se movió algo, acompañado de un sonor similar a lo cual de una persona corriendo en una escalera.
    El segundo por tres segundosa las 2 de la mañana cuando justamente me había acostado. Levanté otra vez...
    Saludos con la primera entrada de ...
    ... VThomas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo que miedo! el sonor!! quiero experiencar más temblores, pero no muy grandes jaja. Solo he sentido uno.

    ReplyDelete