Sunday, July 26, 2009

the bathroom story

Today was my first taste of Valparaíso. It is beautiful- hilly, with buildings of a million different colors, and plazas with palm trees. Carmen, my Chilean mother, took me around the city for a while. I bought more warm clothes- it is winter here, and although most of what I packed is sweaters, it is not enough. I also took a walk today at the Plaza Recreo and down to the ocean. There are stairs on the sidewalks of some streets, like San Francisco.

To the bathroom story- of yesterday, actually. The bathroom door at my house sticks from expanding from moisture or whatever. So I closed it when I went it there and couldn't get out. I had to be rescued. Twice. Yes, I did it again. I actually locked myself in a bathroom. Well, I thought it was sort of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment