Monday, July 27, 2009

adventuras de los micros

Micros are the busses that run everywhere. Today, I took one for the first time. Earlier, I had navigated using a colectivo (taxi) and was rather proud of my new skill. I found the right micro, but could not figure out where to get off. I ended up past the neighborhood where I live, in who knows were, some part of ViƱa. So I thought, well I will just walk back. After 20 minutes in a shady part of town, where people went out of their way to talk to me, which freaked me out more than anything, I found two motorcycle police. They graciously directed me to plaza recreo, but more importantly, they were able to understand what I said to them. The route in which I was directed turned down an uber steep hill, which quickly turned into a scary decent of doom. The sun had set by this point. I could see plaza recreo in the distance, so I continued on the shady street and up a weird staircase with a million steps and a huge vertical incline. Near dark, I made it back to my house. Part of being lost is really fun, but the other part is being afraid of who might be nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment